Monday, September 21, 2009

MArooned Minute Review: Wolverine

Picked this up over the weekend and sat down to watch it last night. It's decent escapist fantasy, as long as you don't think too hard about the indiscrepancies inherent in this "prequel" nor harbor any illusions of it being faithful to the franchise, of course. It's worth a rent, certainly; we bought it because TheBoy is somewhat of an X-fan (hey, he's an eight year old boy. Superheroes kinda come with the scenery...), and I'll probably watch it again with him down the road.

MArooned gun geek moment: Stryker pulls out the gun he plans to shoot Wolverine with, and I yell out "Hey! It's a Ruger!"

That is all.

4 comments:

RW said...

I thought it was a great "summer action/shoot-em-up" flick. It was Wolverine, so I wasn't expecting Citizen Kane but was hoping for something along the lines of Transformers; I wasn't disappointed.

And, like yours, my son LOVED it. He's too busy watching Jurassic Park (huge Dinosaur phase right now) to ask me to burn him a copy, though.

The cgi at the end, @ 3 mile island, was pretty darn cool.

Lissa said...

I found it entertaining, except that Hugh Jackman was scarily-jacked. It frightened me.

Ross said...

That's scary, Jay... that's exactly what I did. Although I think I identified the model... Redhawk, IIRC.

Jay G said...

RW,

Exactly. If you're a huge X-Men fan, you'll probably hurl at the plot line deviations and gaping holes; however if you only have a passing familiarity with the franchise (like me), it's a fun ride...

Lissa,

He was just injected with adamantium, you realize. That's gotta wreak havoc with one's musculature... *g*

Ross,

I couldn't tell if it was a Redhawk or a GP100 - I was too busy fixating on the cylinder latch and being shocked that it would be a Ruger and not a Colt or S&W... :)