Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Gun Pr0n #134

Today's gun pic is one of the guns that made it to last Saturday's outing with Lissa, the Sig P232:

SigSauer P232

It's a fixed barrel, blowback-action .380 ACP semi-automatic pistol modeled after the venerable Walther PPK. It's double- or single action for the first shot, has a seven plus one capacity single stack magazine, and this particular model wears the standard three-dot white sights rather than the Sig night sights. It's one of the more accurate .380 ACPs I've ever shot, on a par with the significantly heavier Makarov, mostly owing to the fixed barrel design.

Plus, it's made just over the wire in America at Sig of NH - what's not to love?

That is all.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It can be had with either alloy or steel frame. Light, light kicking with enough handle to hang on to. It's we we ened up with for my ife-- after a couple of other choices first. She loves it.

P.

Unknown said...

oops, I as on my wifes account, Paul actually aid the above.

Paul

Lissa said...

It was a happy Sig :)

Weer'd Beard said...

"what's not to love?"

That heel magazine release!

I still don't get why Sig did such a thing to such an otherwise great design...

Anonymous said...

Weer'd Beard is right, I wasn't wild about the magazine release. The front point of the magazine always seemed to dig into me for IWB carry in the car. Also, mine had a tendency to bite my hands with the slide on a regular basis. (Hogue grips fixed that.) The takedown lever felt like it was flimsy and wasn't very positive in its action.

Don't get me wrong, I liked mine... but I always felt like I should like it more than I did, and I just never seemed to shoot it. I bought it without clearly defined expectations ("Ooh! Sig! Me like!"), which might have been the source of my indifference.

Then I traded my P232 for my Sig P226 Elite--and that is now my favorite handgun, bar none!

Rabbit said...

Unlike the PPK it doesn't tend to gouge the web of your hand, either. If I were in the market for another .380 I'd consider trading my Mauser HsC against one.

Regards,
Rabbit.

living1nbf3 said...

You got the best Pr0n!!!