Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm So Proud!

Lissa, who just recently got her MA LTC, already has a new shooter lined up. She's asking for advice on how to approach bringing a new person to the range, so head on over and offer some words of encouragement.

I've never detailed my process for bringing new folks to the range, but I've touched on it in my New Shooter Reports. I've had good luck following this general process whenever I bring new folks to the range. In a nutshell, the main points to focus on are:
  • Safety
  • Having fun
  • Safety
  • Learning about the different firearms
  • Safety
  • Dispelling Hollywood myths
  • Safety

(Sense a trend? I thought so...)

Way to go Lissa!!!

That is all.

2 comments:

libertyman said...

Lissa, think of yourself as a "community organizer" - the community of law abiding firearms enthusiasts. Keep up the good work!

Mopar said...

What Jay said. Safety and fun come first. In that order. We're taking a new shooter to the range for the first time tomorrow night. As a plus, that's the night of our weekly mini-tea party protest. The new shooter will be meeting us there, so she will experience her first protest for freedom and get a taste of a freedom we are trying to protect on the same night.