Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pretty Cool...

NASA finds 'significant' water on moon

(CNN) -- NASA said Friday it had discovered water on the moon, opening "a new chapter" that could allow for the development of a lunar space station.

The discovery was announced by project scientist Anthony Colaprete at a midday news conference.

"I'm here today to tell you that indeed, yes, we found water. And we didn't find just a little bit; we found a significant amount" -- about a dozen, two-gallon bucketfuls, he said, holding up several white plastic containers.


No word yet from Simon Jester.

That is all.

4 comments:

PISSED said...

Well Jay you got me there with the Simon Jester reference. I had to go to the oracle (google) to check it out. I take it that it refers to "The Moon is a harsh Mistress". I just read "Starship Troopers" by Heinlein. Whats your rating of 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress". Any other good books you recommend?

Anonymous said...

Shootin range on the moon?

Anonymous said...

Moon bases and moon rovers and astronauts on the moon and moon launch pads and--

*keels over from excitement*

Jay G said...

PISSED,

That's a good question. I'll have a post tomorrow morning for you - I think that there are many good writers out there you might like if you liked Heinlein's Starship Troopers...

DIMW,

Heh. Wouldn't have to worry about wind...

Silver,

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction too... Lots of cool stuff coming. Big question is, how long???