Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Health Update...

Just wanted to post a quick update on the subject of my request for good thoughts last month. In a nutshell, my dentist found a lump in my mouth at my last check-up, and was concerned enough about it to refer me to an oral surgeon. I went in for a referral, was told that it was most likely benign but that they wanted to biopsy it to be certain since I did smoke for quite a while. Had the biopsy done last week, and went in for a follow-up last night.

Well, there's good news and there's bad news. The good news is, it wasn't cancerous. The bad news is, y'all are gonna have to put up with me for a while longer...

That is all.

13 comments:

PISSED said...

Good for you Jay!!
It must be a huge weight off your shoulders.

Robb Allen said...

"It must be a huge weight off your shoulders."

No, they only removed a small lump, not his whole head.

Glad to hear you're going to be around for a while.

Michael W. said...

I didn't have any doubts you would be OK. You couldn't stop your kind of snark with a 2X4......

Weer'd Beard said...

"The bad news is, y'all are gonna have to put up with me for a while longer..."

Oh the HORROR!

Glad to hear it buddy!

PISSED said...

Robb :) thanks for an LOL this monring!

Borepatch said...

I'm with Weer'd.

And it kind of reminds me of when I had a lump removed. The tests on it were negative, too, and a "friend" at work said they'd removed the only non-malignant part of me. You have a long, long way to go in that department ... ;-)

Starik Igolkin said...

Glad you're ok. I kind of got used to putting up with you :)

Lissa said...

Yay!!! :)

Christina RN LMT said...

Yay! Whatever would we have done without the RAGE?!

kbergiu said...

There is good news and there is bad news. What we have here is good bad news.

bogie said...

Glad it wasn't anything to worry about!

Phillip said...

Hallelujah!!! Be a shame to lose ya. Who else would remind me how lucky I am to live down here?

Hat Trick said...

Good to hear the good news!!