Saturday, February 27, 2010

Brothers in... Arms

Driving TheBoy home from his black belt "boot camp" at his karate dojo, I got behind a pick-up with several familiar stickers:





and one of Bruce's "Know the enemy" stickers.


As I pulled up next to him at the light, I gave a big thumbs-up and waved. He looked slightly apprehensive - until I pulled forward and he could see the matching Gadsden and familiar black-and-white bumper sticker (mine's the "carbon footprint" version...). Then it was a returned grin and thumb's-up - recognizing a fellow insurgent in the guerilla war against nanny state complacency.


For one brief, fleeting moment, I felt like I lived in America.


That is all.

8 comments:

David said...

"For one brief, fleeting moment, I felt like I lived in America."

SILENCE SUBJECT! Now show your papers!

ASM826 said...

When I am setting up at the range, a pistol on my hip and a rifle on the bench, ammo at the ready, I feel like I still live in America.

Mike W. said...

I saw two "don't tread on me" bumper stickers while out today.

They seem to be common now.

Ratus said...

Jay, fix your link. its to the arcade news story.

Skip said...

I like my Threepers flag.

Jay G said...

Ratus,

Thanks, fixed...

Linoge said...

Y'know, there are states where that kind of thing is so common, it is the norm, and you would be more than welcome in any of them... ;)

Weer'd Beard said...

What's odd is he didn't recognize you. I mean your mug is EVERYWHERE, and you're not ashamed of your hemi-ram, and I'd image most people who Read Bruce's blog read yours, and vice verse....