Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just Because...

We got about 8-10" of snow last week while the kids were on vacation. I snapped some pictures while they were out playing in the snow, and this one just jumped out at me:

Winter in Suburbia

Just the kids sledding in the backyard as the sun makes its way behind the trees in the backyard. They built and decorated that snowman themselves - that's TheBoy's Spiderman hat and BabyGirl G.'s pink knit scarf that they brought out for decorations. They built the snowman, leaving him with a frown "because he's going to melt soon", and went off to sled down the side of the yard.

It won't be long before these days are behind me; I just want to grab each and every day I have with my kids and hold it as close as I can before they grow too big...

That is all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes do!!
My eldest, my "Dad! build me a snowfort, lets go sledding, etc" was just small boy, yesterday!

Now he is a 6'2" hulking teenager!!!!
With attitude!
And he towers over his 5'11" Dad.

Sigh, hold on tightly, but loosely..

Bruce said...

I might have to steal that snowman pic to use for my shocked face.

Anonymous said...

Almost looks like you have a couple snow sharks prowling around that snowman!