Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Feel-Good Story of the Day

Pirate killed in failed hijacking off Somalia, EU says
(CNN) -- A pirate was killed and several others were detained after a security team thwarted an attack in waters off Somalia, authorities said Wednesday.

The incident happened Tuesday as a Panamanian-flagged cargo ship, the MV Almezaan, was headed to Mogadishu, said the European Union Naval Force.

A private security team that was on board the ship returned fire when pirates tried to attack the vessel. The security team was able to repel two attack attempts.

Doesn't that just put a smile on your face and a spring in your step? The more this happens, the less likely future attempts at piracy will be. Personally, I want to see Stingray's Privateers get a shot at these jerkoffs, but I'm not above cheering when someone else sends them to Davy Jones' locker...

Bad pirate. No booty for you.

That is all.

6 comments:

BobG said...

I don't care much for the "detained" part; as far as I'm concerned, tie a weight to their feet and let Davy Jones "detain" them.

NotClauswitz said...

BobG FTW - detain them beneath the waves.

bluesun said...

I like your feel good stories. They make me feel good in ways that normal news outlets can't.

Brad_in_IL said...

Jay,

Only problem with the story is that all seven pirates were not shot dead. Otherwise your report was uplifting.

- Brad

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

I wonder if it was one of these guys? That would be nice.

Jay G said...

While I will be the first to admit that seeing all seven pirates shot in the head at close range and left as chum for the sharks would please me to no end, I'll take it over rolling over and presenting for them any day.

It's a step in the right direction. Today, one dead pirate.

Tomorrow, more.