Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Levity Needed...

So here's another e-mailed joke from commenter Stretch...

Quality vs Quantity

The commanding officer at the Russian military academy (the equivalent of a 4-star general in the U.S.) gave a lecture on *Potential Problems and Military Strategy.* At the end of the lecture, he asked if there were any questions.


An officer stood up and asked, "Will there be a third world war? And will Russia take part in it?" The general answered both questions in the affirmative.

Another officer asked, "Who will be the enemy?" The general replied, "All indications point to China ."

Everyone in the audience was shocked. A third officer remarked, "General, we are a nation of only 150 million, compared to the 1.5 billion Chinese. Can we win at all, or even survive?"

The general answered, "Just think about this for a moment: In modern warfare, it is not the *quantity* of soldiers that matters but the *quality*of an army's capabilities. For example, in the Middle East we have had a few wars recently where 5 million Jews fought against 150 million Arabs, and Israel was always victorious."

After a small pause, yet another officer - from the back of the auditorium asked, "Do we have enough Jews???"
Every time I read that it cracks me up. Shalom!

That is all.

11 comments:

Borepatch said...

Reminds me of the old joke from Poland, back during the Cold War.

A polish guy kicked a bottle that was lying on the ground, and a Genie popped out.

"For freeing me from my captivity, I grant you three wishes," said the Genie.

"I want the Chinese army to come and devastate Poland," said the man. The Genie looked at him funny, but then POOF! the city was destroyed by the ChiCom army.

"For my second wish, I want the Chinese army to come and devastate Poland," said the man. "You sure?" asked teh Genie. "Absolutely!" POOF! The countryside was destroyed as well.

"For my third wish, I want the Chinese army to come and devastate Poland," said the man. "You're a loon," said the Genie, but waved his hand and POOF! there was nothing left but smouldering rubble as far as the eye could see.

As the Genie finished packing his suitcase, he said "I just have to know. Why did you wish for your country to be invaded three times?"

"Ah," said the man, "for the Chinese Army to come three times to Poland, they had to cross Russia six!"

Told on the streets of Warsaw, back in The Day.

Robert McDonald said...

Heh. Good stuff. Here's one:

The Pope and Nancy Pelosi are on a stage in front of a huge crowd at Yankee stadium.
The Pope turns to Pelosi and says, "Do you know that with one little wave of my hand I can make this crowd go wild with joy? This joy will not be a momentary display, but will go deep in their hearts and they will forever speak of this day and rejoice."
Pelosi replied, "I seriously doubt that. One little wave of your hand? Show me."
So the Pope backhanded the bitch.

Jay G said...

It's not nice to make people actually guffaw in their place of employment, you know that?

:D

Robert McDonald said...

Yep.

RW said...

Since I no longer have my own blog, I'll have to troll & infiltrate yours. Jay, you've lost a lot of weight, so you know how difficult being overweight can be at a young age Well, I went to school with this guy and to say he was picked on & teased incessantly would be a tremendous understatement.

I'm searching my memories & praying that I wasn't among those who did. I don't think so, as I recall my family picking him up & taking him to church on numerous occasions, but then again I was a little skinny smart-mouthed prick on occasion, so I may have. Lord, forgive me if I did.

This guy was the #1 target at our school for every demo. He was fat, had a horrible stutter (we all thought he was "off" because of that), was unattractive, and was so poor that he had to take showers at the gymnasium. You know how cruel kids can be.....well, the entire school was cruel to this guy.

Sang like an angel, though. Loved to sing about Jesus and give his testimony.

Any way, saw him on FB (after, honestly, forgetting that he existed for about 20 years) and this story gave me inspiration. Yeah, he had surgery in order to lose weight, but...you had to KNOW the situation to understand that when I say this chap overcame obstacles, I mean he overcame them like few others.

Sorry to go O/T, I just had to share.

Jay T said...

Hilarious

Old NFO said...

Reminds me I need to add you to my jokes list...

ASM826 said...

Robert,

That joke will be told several times tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Borepatch: You win; your internet is in the mail.

wv: "reamer", which is awfully appropriate

Robert McDonald said...

ASM826, I'll be telling it a few times myself.

Weer'd Beard said...

I'm glad Ross is on our team! : ]