Thursday, March 18, 2010

MArooned Shout-Out

Gotta give a hearty MArooned thanks to my brother-from-another-mother Strings over at Pirate with a Permission Slip for sending me a really neat tacticool accessory for my Bushmaster:

Mmmmm. Rails.

It's a step-down rail mount that attaches to the carry handle to allow for a variety of scope options. It's good for red dot or holographic sights mounted on top of the carry handle, or a scout type scope mounted over the handguard, or a combination of scope and other aiming device. I'd been thinking about getting a standard Weaver rail that attached to the carry handle and Strings was kind enough to offer this one up since he no longer needed it. That's one of the many things I love about the gunnie community...

And just wait until tomorrow's gun pic when I post a shot of the Bushmaster with the new rail installed - along with some, err, other stuff... Thanks Strings!

That is all.

8 comments:

wolfwalker said...

Looks like something out of a Lego kit.

Brad_in_IL said...

Hey,

With that rail you could mount TWO BAYONETTES !!!!!!

Jay G said...

wolfwalker,

Y'know, it kinda does. Which would make the AR-15 platform a kind of "Daddy Legos".

I like that...

Brad,

Wait for tomorrow...

:D

Anonymous said...

I'm not crazy about that particular rail, I have one I was given by a friend. There is a reason I was given it for free.

Brad_in_IL said...

Jay,

You didn't happen to get hold of a 12-ga chambered device which operates like the m203 grenade launcher? You know, you could launch 12ga flares and not get tagged as having a destructive device. My $0.02.
- Brad

Jay G said...

Given what's going on in Manchester-by-the-Sea right now, I want to stay as far away from anything with "grenade" in the description as I can...

Brad_in_IL said...

Well then . . . we know you're not getting one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_19_grenade_launcher

Strings said...

No problem, Jay... *I* wasn't using it. Looking forward to seeing what all you put on it... ;)

And remember: Girl Scout Thin Mints, always appreciated! ;)