Saturday, April 3, 2010

1980s Motorhead Geekery Cool...

My friend Bruce sent me the following story because he just knew it was exactly the sort of geekutastic goodness that would be right up my alley:

"Ferris Bueller" Ferrari Set for Auction
(WBBM) You have a chance to own an iconic piece of Chicago film history, if you have at least $45,000 to spare. Ferris Bueller's Ferrari is going up for auction in London on April 19, reports CBS station WBBM in Chicago.

Bonhams Collectors' Motor Cars and Automobilia Auction estimates that it will go for £30,000-40,000, or roughly $45,000-67,000. The car works and is ready to drive. But there is one catch - it's not a real Ferrari.
Hmmm. Only $45K??? Let me see what we have in the G. college fund... (Just kidding dear). I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that's kinda low on the movie car auction totem pole - I know that one of the Batmobiles went for over a half-million dollars.

If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

That is all.

3 comments:

Mopar said...

Even compared to the price of a real 250GT Spyder California SWB that's a real bargain! The last real one for sale went for almost $11 million.

Oh, and because this is as good a place as any to mention it: Real-Life Ferris Bueller Grew Up to Be Obama-Investigated Bush Crony

notDilbert said...

That was James Coburns 250 GT...This one has a Ford 289 and is probably a little rough around the edges up close. Bonhams runs an auction every year in Sept at the Boston MOT and the cars are always a little disapointing.

Here's the details http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR&screen=lotdetailsNoFlash&iSaleItemNo=4599590&iSaleNo=18210&iSaleSectionNo=2

Stretch said...

The movie vehicles I want are the Tiger Is (nee T-34s) from Kelly's Heroes. I'd park one on one of the hills overlooking Dulles Airport and see how long it takes for Homeland Security (stop giggling!) to show up.