Monday, April 12, 2010

Badge of Honor

Of all the new shooters I've brought to the range, only a couple have not gone forward and gotten their MA LTC. Of all of them so far, I've had at least a half-dozen or so ask me to be a reference for them. I love that. I am more than happy to lend my assistance in any effort to spread CCW, and am tickled pink when folks think enough of me to ask for my referral. More folks getting permit = all gunnies win.

And it makes me doubly aware that I need to get certified to teach the Basic Firearms Course...

That is all.

9 comments:

libertyman said...

Yes, get the NRA teaching credential, I did years ago. It is a worthwhile card, and you will be putting it to good use.

Brad_in_IL said...

Jay,

I'm surprised someone, anyone, didn't already say what I'm about to say.

You don't need to get certified. You're already *certifiable* !!!![/ducks, runs]

- Brad

TheAxe said...

:D sounds fantastic!

Lissa said...

You were a huge help to us, Jay, we are so grateful!

Comrade Misfit said...

Post when you do, if you don't mind; I know some folks up your way who need to take the course.

Weer'd Beard said...

You get certified, and I will send business your direction. I get asked all the time for a good instructor.

Stan said...

Do they actually call those references that you put down? I know that while Michigan requires you to put down references on the CPL application they don't always check them.

Jay G said...

Lissa,

Thanks. You have no idea how much that means to me!

Now let me shoot that new toy... :)

EB,

Absolutely. I intend to make it well-known once I'm certified (shaddup Brad...)

Weer'd,

Definitely. I'd basically do it for the cost of materials, too (and a membership to GOAL, of course) - anything to get more gunowners in the state.

Raspberry Surprise,

I don't know about anyone else, but I've never been called...

ihelpfixhearts said...

That would be a great idea Jay, you are awesome at teaching! It's been almost 5 weeks waiting for my LTC, which still hasn't been sent to the city of Boston.

-Paul