Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Gun Pr0n #161

Today's gun pic has been featured previously, but has a new twist:

VEPR... With Glass!

Picked up a UTG side mount picatinny rail and a Barska 2.5-10X adjustable scope from my favoritest gun accessory place a while back. The VEPR came with the Russian POSP-type scope that I just couldn't get used to, and I'd been meaning to get a standard picatinny rail mount and another scope for a while. Midway had the Barska - which gets good reviews for such an inexpensive scope - at price that was low enough to use as a spotting scope if it didn't work on the gun...

Sometime in the near future I'll take it to the range and see how it does at 100 yards. I'd like to get it sighted in and see how tight the VEPR can group - theoretically, the VEPR is supposed to be significantly more accurate than the standard AK-47. I'm curious to see what kind of accuracy can be wrung out of this rifle, and also to see how the scope and scope mount hold up. I've been impressed with UTG so far with the railed handguard on my Bushmaster; I'm hoping the scope mount is equally solid.

In any case, I'll be shooting some .308 Winchester goodness for sure, and that's G-d's own caliber right there...

That is all.

1 comment:

Ross said...

Might want to pick up a lace-on cheek pad so you can get a decent cheek weld, too... that stock looks a bit low without one.