Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Head... Exploding... Teh Stupid...

Starbucks sued over hot tea alleged to cause burns
According to the complaint, the plaintiff Zeynep Inanli was served tea that was "unreasonably hot, in containers which were not safe," at a Starbucks store at 685 Third Avenue in Manhattan.

(Reuters) - Starbucks Corp has been sued by a customer who allegedly suffered second-degree burns after being served tea that was too hot.

Let's recap, shall we?

1. You ordered tea.
2. Tea is made by boiling water.
3. Boiling water is hot.
4. WTF???

It's times like these when I have to agree with Calvin: Sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent alien life out there is that they haven't tried to contact us...

That is all.

Link sent by commenter PISSED, who always seems to know when my blood pressure is juuuuust about returning to normal...

5 comments:

Mulligan said...

first contact
2 life forms walking down the street .. 1 defecates and 1 picks it up.. which would you contact first?

JRebel said...

Well Inanli, welcome to the land of "DUH, DUMB***."

PISSED said...

Mulligan... I would contact the Dog first :)

Paul, Dammit! said...

Ridiculous as it is, the few times I tried Starbucks coffee, the cup was too thin and my hand was burning. They say it's good for the environment. I say Eff you, I paid $4 for what tastes like the shit Dunkin's puts down the drain, give me a cup that I can hold.

Whatever, it's ridiculous. I hope Starbucks suffers and the litigant gets scabies. Then we all win.

BillH said...

Being a free, responsible for myself grown-up, when the Sweetie and I go to *$ I always ask for 2 ice cubes in my drink to take that last couple of degrees off. Jay's right, coffee and tea have boiling water in the recipe. Protect yourself doesn't just mean carry at the cafe.