Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Worth A Shot...

Okay, I've reviewed many different lasers. I've gotten to try out several different holsters. Speedloaders and weapon lights, too. I'm grateful for the chances I've been given to test out new and exciting products and review them for the folks that read my humble scribblings. I hope that my reviews have helped people make some decisions, and helped the companies who sent items get better exposure in the gunnie blogosphere.

With that in mind, anyone out there make grips and need a review or two? I know I've got a drawer full of different grips that I've tried and discarded for various reasons, either aesthetic or functional. Some grips required too much fitting to the gun in question; others just didn't fit my hand right. Some don't do the job correctly, like the pair of beautiful walnut 1911 grips that impact the slide release - it took me a while to figure out why my Gold Cup was failing to lock open on the last shot! And some, like the Hogue monogrips, work very well but, let's face it, have all the appeal and styling of a steel belted radial. They work, they work well (and there is a certain beauty to something that functions well and doesn't cost an arm and a leg), but they don't excite you...

I've got J-frames, K-frames (round and square butt), 1911s (Government and Officers), Hi-Power, Sig P226, a Makarov, a CZ-52, numerous Colt revolvers, even my trusty Ruger Security Six. Anyone out there trying to break into the custom stock business for any of these guns and need some free publicity? Give me a holler (e-mail in profile or leave a comment) and let me know! One thing I've learned working in sales is that it never hurts to ask. It's free, it doesn't cost you anything, and the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Besides, I just plain love trying new stuff out!

That is all.

No comments: