Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Call For Help: Paging MA Voters...

Reader, commenter, blogshoot and blogdinner attendee, personal friend, and all-around good egg Brad_in_ma sent me a link to a story about a gentleman in MA who could use some help:

Millbury lawyer to run against Coakley
Attorney General Martha Coakley may have a Republican opponent after all. Ms. Coakley, a Democrat, has been running unopposed because the state Republican Party did not nominate anyone to challenge her in November even though she was seen as vulnerable because of her dramatic loss to U.S. Sen. Scott Brown in the January special election.

But now Millbury lawyer James P. McKenna, 49, a longtime Central Massachusetts GOP activist, says he will mount a serious write-in campaign for the Sept. 14 primary to try to get on the Nov. 9 general election ballot.

Here's a free MArooned plug, Mr. McKenna. Take it for what it's worth (not much, especially in MA). If there's anything I can do to help in the campaign, let me know (I'm hoping that someone in the McKenna campaign is web-savvy enough to run periodic searches on their candidate's name). I'm fuzzy on the write-in process in MA, but if I can help with this:
Mr. McKenna will need 10,000 write-in votes to make the ballot. He said he plans to buy stickers with his name on them so voters can affix them to ballots in the primary.

by distributing or arranging to distribute stickers, give a holler. It's unconscionable that the MA GOP - disorganized as it is - allowed Coakley to run unopposed at such a vulnerable time. Imagine the bragging rights should she be defeated - first losing Ted Kennedy's senate seat to Scott Brown, then gettting unceremoniously ousted in her re-election bid? That would be some sweet icing on the vote-'em-out cake, that's ferdamnsure...

We here at MArooned do NOT "discourage self-help"...

That is all.

4 comments:

JD said...

Hey, happy to post on my blog and will pass on the info. . . Thanks J

Weer'd Beard said...

I'll email him my address so I can have some stickers for the wife and I. I also suspect a few people around town would like to be able to stick something on the ballot under Martha's rancid name.

Ross said...

Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have a website yet...

Imjustmusing said...

Consider it forwarded to his FaceBook page.