Friday, July 9, 2010

It Was Seven Years Ago Today...

...A young blogger named Jay G put finger to keyboard and produced his first post ever. My blogfather, to whom you can be grateful or angry for introducing me to blogging, generously offered to let me fling my poo post my humble musings at his site - this was back when it was North Georgia Dogma, mind you! (Although it was after the Count De Monay Shot days...) :)

Seven years of blogging. Seven years of rage. Seven years of venting my spleen for the world to see. When I posted my first post, my daughter wasn't even a month old; now she's going into second grade. My son was 2½; he just got back from a week away from home at Cub Scout camp. Some things don't change, of course; we still have a power-hungry proto-fascist bent on taking away our freedoms and seizing as much power as possible sitting in the Oval Office; only difference is the letter after his name.

But I'm still here, still a chimp banging away on an old IBM Selectric, as it were. Here's hoping for another seven.

That is all.

16 comments:

Carteach said...

and glad to have ya there!

Michael W. said...

Congratulations!

Your blog was a influence in getting me in this this "thing of ours" so in a way you are my blog stepfather. (grin)

Blogging IS much better than throwing a brick at the TV every time the news comes on.

Borepatch said...

Dude, that's like from the High Middle Ages of the Internet.

Congratulations!

RW said...

Glad to not only know you but also have the privilege of reading your tomes. A great way to start my mornings is to check out MArooned.

RW said...

Wow, almost two years since I hung up the virtual keyboard. Honestly, I'd have guessed five. [Q: "Do you miss it?" A: No. Others say what I was saying but they do it a lot better, with Jay heading the field].

Although, now that I've pretty much abandoned facebook as well, there have been times when I've felt like venting or bloviating. Ah, but that's what comments sections are for.

Bob S. said...

Thanks for 7 great years.

Got 7 more in you?

Jay G said...

Bob, I've got enough rage for 70 more years, especially if I stay in MA.

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I've had the privilege to get to know y'all - and even meeting some of you - over the past seven years, and I am thankful to Al Gore for inventing the internet for that.

doubletrouble said...

Happy Blogday there young feller!

Julie said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! keep up the good work!

Scott McCray said...

Happy Blog-iversary! One of my favorites...

SpeakerTweaker said...

Happy Blogiversary!



tweaker

Christina RN LMT said...

Congratulations and Happy Blogiversary, Jay! Keep the rage coming, and we'll keep reading.

gator said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Patrick said...

Happy Blogday, Jay.

And Hoozah to 7 more.

Dixie said...

Congrats, old timer!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary! Albeit belated.

gfa