Thursday, July 29, 2010

MArooned Product Review: LA Police Gear Long Term Review

I received a bunch of gear from LA Police Gear a couple months ago, and wanted to report back on the clothing portion of the gear. I've had a chance to wear everything multiple times, and have some long-term observations to report. First off, here's a representative sample of the clothing after ~ half a dozen times being worn and washed:

One Tactical Shirt


One Pair Tactical Pants

Considering that both items were pulled out of the clothes hamper, I'd say they're doing pretty damn well.

The shirts are extremely comfortable - they're about as close to a T-shirt as a dress-type polo can come, as far as I'm concerned. There's a handy little loop under the last button for your sunglasses which is a very neat touch and comes in quite handy; there's also a slot on the left sleeve for a couple of pens. I don't use this, because I guarantee I will forget the pens are there and send them through the washer... One of the three shirts lost a button at some point in the washing/drying cycle, but other than that they all have held up pretty well.

The pants are just amazingly useful. The Tactical Operator pants have all kinds of cargo pockets and other useful storage space, plus those D-rings come in handy, too. When we went to the amusement park over the weekend, I put the car keys on a carabiner and tucked them into the small front pocket - voila! No more worrying about the keys flying out on a ride! The cargo pockets have pockets inside them as well, which are very handy for keeping things like iPhones/PDAs/spare mags from banging against one's knees while in motion. The pants have held up extremely well with repeated washings, and show little-to-no wear after weekly use.

All in all, this is a great value for the money - I continue to give two thumbs enthusiastically up for the LA Police Gear tactical line.

That is all.

5 comments:

Robert McDonald said...

I may be placing an order soon. Sounds like good stuff, especially the polos.

Jeanette K. said...

They look very similar to Vertx's tactical pants... hmmm :)

BUFF_dragon said...

I can't get the shirts in my size so I dont know about them.... but the pants I do know about...
The pants I got were GREAT, the only problem I had with them is that they dont have a gusseted crotch like the 5.11's so while I was wrestling calves in the barn one night, I spread my legs a little too far and squatted a little to fast and busted the crotch out pretty impressively.... nothin against the quality, I've done the same with carhart jeans, but I really wish they had a gusseted crotch so that wouldn't happen.....

The Richmeister said...

Are these the Operator pants? Do you have any experience with the Tac-Lite pro pants?

Jeanette K. said...

BTW I hope they send you their new "stealth" operator pants! Those are the ones that remind me of Vertx. http://www.lapolicegear.com/stealth-operator-pant.html

Keep the great gear reviews coming!