Thursday, August 19, 2010

New Leather...

At the Northeast Bloggershoot, I had a present for Dragon, the proprietor of Dragon Leather Works. It was a "blue gun" for a S&W j-frame snubnosed revolver, the idea that the j-frame is a pretty ubiquitous carry gun and would be a good model to have for future holster-making. I figured it couldn't hurt to have one of the more popular wheelgun models available should he decide to branch out from flatguns into wheelguns, and Dragon didn't disappoint.

Yesterday this arrived on my doorstep:

Love that Python

That, my friends, is one good-lookin' holster. But her beauty is not only skin deep - this is a workin' holster as well. Just look at this construction:

Tough Stuff

There's at least a quarter inch of solid leather at the critical junctures where it meets the belt. I tried it on real quick (oh, like I could resist!) and I have got to say this is one winning combination. Because of the small size of the J-frame revolver, even as an OWB this is easy to conceal with even a loose polo shirt. I'll have a full review up early next week with pictures and a more detailed analysis, but so far I'm very impressed.

I think we have another winner here Dragon!

That is all.

9 comments:

Teke said...

What is a good source for Blue Guns? I really don't like molding on the real thing. I know it's not supposed to harm it but wet leather and metal or hot kydex and finish gives me the heebie jeebies.

Jay G said...

I stumbled across the J-frame on sale at LA Police Gear for not too much money. It wasn't a true "blue gun" (it was actually grey) but it was a dead ringer for either of my S&W J-frames...

Dragon said...

www.blueguns.com

Also google up "Duncan Outdoors aluminum dummy gun"

You'll get a site that does aluminum castings. BlueGuns is primarily models that are actively used in police / LEO / Military...Duncans has a better selection of the more commonly used guns by civilians.

Teke said...

Jay and Dragon,

Thanks for the info on the Dummy Guns.

Teke said...

Oh and I forgot to say before.

Jay - Congratulations on the nice new rig.

Dragon - Excellent work

dr mac said...

Nice work.

Dragon said...

Ummmm....

Is that the Snubbie from Hell in the holster?

::runs away, curls up in a corner, and twitches...::

JP said...

I really want one of those for my SP101

Dragon said...

@JP...

It'll be up on the website mid-week...Check Wednesday or Thursday.

Glad you like it!

Dragon