Monday, August 2, 2010

Northeast Bloggershoot Photos

I didn't get to take a lot of pictures at the Bloggershoot yesterday, but here's a handful of shots I took that still capture the essence that is a Northeast Bloggershoot:

First off, here's some of the ordnance we had at our disposal:

Yes, Those Are What You Think


My Meager Contributions

I was more interested in shooting guns this year than in taking pictures, so this was the only hardware I got photos of. There were plenty more guns than this, with everything from a Jennings J22 to something *much* bigger (see below)... Here's the range after initial setup:

Goodbye Kitty

And here's Doubletrouble's cannon, the firing of which opens and closes each bloggershoot.

BIG Boom

Here's some folks you might know:

Zercool

There's Zercool helping me get pictures of my Bushmaster and the green carbine laser from LaserLyte - the green dot was able to be resolved at 50 yards in direct sunlight. Not too shabby!

And Lissa:

Small But Mighty

Yes, Lissa is shorter than a Mosin/Nagant 91/30 with bayonet attached...

And lastly, your humble host:

Bring Enough Gun



Yup. Had a good time indeed...

That is all.

9 comments:

Stan said...

Is that a Tactical Rail at the end of the M18 or am I mistaken?

Lissa said...

I say with no bias or prejudice whatsoever, sir -- your pic is WAY cooler than the one of me ;-)

Robert McDonald said...

I'm going to go sit in a corner to pout and be jealous...

Jake (formerly Riposte3) said...

Cool pics. Looks like a fun time.

In Lissa's defense, the bayonet is nearly half the length of the rest of the weapon.

Stan said...

In Lissa's defense, the bayonet is nearly half the length of the rest of the weapon.

That's so you can get more than one German skewered on it before you have to try and get the bayonet out. Gotta make the most of every rifle after all!

dr mac said...

I chuckled all the way home, and am still chuckling. Heh.

dr mac said...

I chuckled all the way home, and am still chuckling. Heh.

NotClauswitz said...

In Lissa's defense, most people are shorter than a huge old Mosin/Nagant with the giant bayonet attached!

ZerCool said...

For the record, my hat normally does face forward. It was hitting those goofy scope caps.