Monday, August 16, 2010

To Boldly Go Where No Nerd Has Gone Before...

Let's play "Spot the Shatner"!

(pic from here)

SCI-FI (go figure) sent me the above with the tagline "SHAT!" Apparently, from the article in the link, Shatner likes to surprise folks by showing up unannounced...
William Shatner has shown he is the master of TV, film, commercials, music, and now photobombing! Today’s photo of the day comes from last week’s Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas, where Bill bombed like the best of them.
Now, I've been to a science fiction convention or two in my day (Yes, I know, it's shocking...) Had Bill Shatner shown up unannounced and popped into a photo I was in (yes, I went in character, too; granted, that character was most often "sci-fi dork" but once "Chekov in Star Trek IV"...) I most likely would have exploded from sheer fanboi giddiness. Something tells me that shortly after this picture was snapped a near-riot broke out as dozens of pimply Trekkies all tried to get out their iPhones at once for a picture...

Then again, Shatner's getting to the point where it's hard to NOT get him in the picture these days...

That is all.

3 comments:

Robert said...

He's just there to try to get some more of that hot alien female action. Like those 2 on the left there. One of them left her headlights on.

WV: Clasi. As in, what my comment is not...

JP said...

That one in the grey with the thing on her face is pretty hot.

Anonymous said...

Is MA full of comunists?
Did you know that only comunist countries called themselves "Volksrepublik"? Like VR China, VR Vietnam, VR of North Corea and so on.
You should look up german terms, before you use them.