Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bring Enough Guns...

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I'd been contacted by CSN stores to review one of their products of my choosing. I hinted that it would be a gun case of sorts, as Cases and More is one of the online stores under the CSN umbrella, and managed to pick something out that both filled a niche in my gear and could serve for a first review. I reviewed the extensive list of rifle and pistol cases, both soft and hard-sided, and came across this beauty:

It's a Monstah!

That's a Boyt Harness Company H20D pistol case. I chose it because I have a couple of inexpensive pistol cases (actually, that's a lie. I have cheap pistol cases) and have been looking towards getting something a little more durable and protective. What I didn't realize was just how cavernous this case truly was:

Lotsa Room

There are three levels to this case. Each level will hold 2-3 large framed revolvers, 4 Government frame 1911s, or 6-8 small- or medium framed revolvers or semi-automatics. This is the perfect case for a Bloggershoot or other extensive shooting event where a wide variety of pistols may be chosen for the day's festivities - I figure I can now get all the pistols I'd care to clean bring in one case, rather than in two pistol cases, three soft cases, and several holsters...

The case itself is impressive. The plastic is sturdy and solid all around, with beefy edges for locks and a comfortable, foldaway handle for carrying or storing. The foam is deep and firm and can be custom-fit for however many pistols you can fit into it - I imagine I'll be carving out at least one J-frame spot and one Government 1911 spot at first. It's waterproof, stackable, and comes with a lifetime warranty. I'll get some pictures of it filled to capacity when the next big shoot approaches and update with another review, but I expect this to be a fast favorite.

The last thing I'd like to mention is the experience with CSN Stores themselves (through the Cases and More outlet). Ordering was fast and simple, and I received the case less than a week after ordering. The price was comparable to ordering direct from the manufacturer, but Cases and More offered free shipping, a significant savings considering the size and heft of this case. Overall the experience was simple and painless - pretty much what we've come to expect from web-based companies in this day and age, but still good to see things working the way they should.

Two thumbs heartily up for the Boyt Harness H20D case and Cases and More!

That is all.

3 comments:

Freiheit said...

I have a question about shipping.

Did they mail you what is essentially a shipping container in its own box?

Jay G said...

Yep. Sure beats leaving it on my front porch looking like, well, a fancy shipping case...

Sendarius said...

Jay, if you fill that sucker, you'll regret not getting the "retractable wheels" option.