Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Gun Pr0n #182

Commenter stretch was kind enough to send me today's gun pic:

Old School Rimfire

That's a Colt Woodsman, circa 1920s. It's always an extra special Friday gun pr0n when we can feature something designed by John Moses Browning (Peace be upon him) Himself. The Woodsman was Colt's premiere .22LR offering of the time, a target pistol for the discerning shooter to compete with the Hi-Standards and (later on) the Mark Is. Examples of this fine pistol today run anywhere from $500 to several thousand dollars for complete set-ups.

And since they're C&R eligible, I can even get one here in the Volksrepublik... Hmmm...

That is all.

4 comments:

Butch Cassidy said...

Very nice pistol.

Want a picture or two of a second series Colt Woodsman Match Target with a 4 1/2" barrel?

Jay G said...

I believe the two words I am looking for here are "HELL" and "YEAH"...

:)

Butch Cassidy said...

I'll pry it away from the wife and take some pictures this afternoon then.

Countertop said...

My dad's got one, that he bought new in 1960 or so as a teenager just before he joined the Army. He never got to shoot it before heading off, and when he got out of the army had other guns and so it sort of was forgotten about and sat in the back of a closet. He still has it along with the original cardboard box and sales receipt.

I drool over it ever time I go home. He won't say who he is going to leave it to - my brother or I - though since I have grandkids, he'll probably leave it to one of them.

Have I mentioned that it is a thing of beauty.