Friday, September 24, 2010

Help a Blogger Out...

Good friend and co-pilot WeerdBeard wants to upgrade his WASR-10 to an FAL.
I’m totally not in love my my WASR-10, I kinda expected a lot more from such a popular rifle pattern. I think an FAL would serve a much better place in my armory without any real loss. Its de-greased and cleaned, and comes with two 30 round Romanian Magazines, and a nylon after-market sling. Its shown some feeding issues, but the sights are in very good shape and keep a better group than I expected. Also it has a Tapco trigger that’s really nice.

For those of us in ban states, it's AWB ban compliant and comes with two-preban 30 round magazines. He's willing to negotiate on the price, but would much rather trade for his desired FAL (TBH, I wouldn't mind an FAL either...) If you've got something to trade, or just want the sheer satisfaction of seeing yet another gun leave MA, give Weerd a yell and see what's what.

Please, someone, buy this before I do...

That is all.

9 comments:

Alan said...

Who would trade a FAL for a WASR-10?

Jay G said...

I think Weerd will kick in a little of that magic green stuff...

Chris in Texas said...

Absinthe?

Weer'd Beard said...

I guess I could Buy some absinthe to throw in the trade, Chris, but money ships easier.

What kind of FAL do you have? ; ]

Thanks for the link, Jay. I have a feeling I'll get a sale soon.

Chris in Texas said...

The awesome imaginary kind. And it comes with free ammo.

Sadly, my goto gun is a WASR. I'd much prefer a DSA Para Carbine, but the AK knockoff does well enough for hogs and served as my hurricane gun during Ike. And considering the FAL would cost 6 times what I paid for the WASR, I'll stick with its ugliness for now.

Anonymous said...

Still not legal in CT though. Damn AWB.

Weer'd Beard said...

I could change the Stamp on the receiver so it says ".311 Soviet" if that will help.

Old NFO said...

M-1... :-)

Weer'd Beard said...

Sold it!

Thanks for the help. Now I'm looking for a Mass-Legal FAL