Thursday, September 30, 2010

Okay, Maybe CA Is Good for Something After All...

I have to admit, this looks damn cool:

Screw Burning Man: This year's greatest desert festival is a three-day Mad Max reenactment!
If you've always wanted to be a Road Warrior or watch two men enter and one man leave, then get your ass down to Southern California for Wasteland Weekend, a Mad Max-themed weekend featuring DJs, post-apocalyptic vehicles... and Bartertown. We've written before about the burgeoning subculture of Mad Max reenactors — who gather to show off their cool replicas of the vehicles from the first two movies and recreate the classic convoy chase scene from the end of The Road Warrior. But this will be a different level. There will be three replicas of Max's pursuit special.
Three pursuit specials. Damn. I'm trying to figure out how to sell that one to the Mrs. "Uh, honey? I want to spend an insane amount of money to import a car from Australia just so I can turn it into a banged-up copy of Mad Max's police car". I'm guessing a frying pan would be in my future...

Personally, though, I think the gyrocopter would be the best way to get there...

That is all.

(Yes, another link sent by PISSED)

5 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

Let me dust off my leather banana hammock and my hockey mask....

notDibert said...

...OOOOOHHHHH

There's a great idea.

let's add massively over - powered vehicles, guns, booze and Bikers to the Drug fueled Burned-out Hippy Sex Fest that is Burning man.


.....What could possibly go wrong.

Ratus said...

"dust off" Weer'd?

Really?

Bubblehead Les. said...

Wonder how they're going to get away with using a Sawed Off Double Barrel in the People's Republic?

Anonymous said...

Do those vehicles pass California emmision standards?