Saturday, October 9, 2010

High in the Middle, and Round on the Ends...

Yes, I made it safely to OH, roughly 10½ hours in my truck (average mileage: 15MPG - take that, 10.10ers!). Would have been just a skosh over 10 if I hadn't wound up in traffic over a fender bender as I entered OH, but hey. Made it to the motel, dropped my stuff off, and was promptly picked up by the World's Most Dangerous Librarian who whisked me off to the Willoughby Brewing company to meet Mike, T-bolt, and his friend My Buddy the Gun Enthusiast (hereby known as MBtGE). Excellent food, phenomenal company, and afterwards we played show-and-tell with hardware that will be going to the Northcoast blogshoot.

Good times, good times. I really enjoy getting together with other bloggers; whether it be meeting new folks (T-bolt is an absolute hoot, and could pass for my stunt double - albeit a smidge taller, and Mike is laid back and very genial - for a guy with coal shovels for hands...). I have yet to go to any type of blogmeet or shoot where everyone there wasn't gracious, engaging, and just plain old friendly. Gunbloggers (and gunnies who don't blog) are the best people!

A full account of the shoot will be forthcoming; I have been told that there will be bacon candy. And pie.

That is all.

6 comments:

Borepatch said...

Pass on our regards.

Mike W. said...

Say hi to everyone for me!

I even took yesterday off in anticipation of making the drive, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Wally said...

But will the pie be butt-kissing good ?

And we expect a lot of pics. A LOT. (of both the shooty goodness *and* the pie please!)

JD said...

ok, can you talk any of them into comming out to a NE blogger shoot, and where can we have one that can fit them all. . . . = )

Weer'd Beard said...

Took the Earth-Fucker, did you? Why didn't you go shitbox rental like we did for the NRA?

Mike W. said...

Weer'd - It wouldn't be Earthfucking if he did that now would it?