Friday, October 15, 2010

Northcoast Bloggershoot AAR: Video!

Heh. I've been asked to post a couple of videos from the bloggershoot.

First up is the opener:



That's me shooting the .45/70 Contender. Knowing what an absolute recoil whore I am, Heath arranged for his buddy (and gunsmith) Van to bring the Contender. They figured that a round used to hunt buffalo out of a 17 pound Sharps would be enough recoil for me out of a handgun - and they were right!

And it couldn't possibly be a bloggershoot with me in it without a bayonet charge:



T-bolt was kind enough to shoot this with my camera as I charged (slowly, I pulled my right quadricep the previous week and had re-injured it getting up from prone earlier in the day) downfield. That's me, THOTpolice, Cueball, Josh, and Heath attacking those evil bales of hay with various rifles. Heath offered me his AK with folding stock - considering that I would be a felon if I owned one in MA, I had to take it!

Once again, thanks to everyone involved for making the First Annual Northcoast Bloggershoot such an astounding success and wonderful good time!

That is all.

2 comments:

JP556 said...

Fun videos! Looks like a good time.

Too bad I'm on the other side of the country. :(

Chris in Texas said...

I once fired a Magnum Research BFR in 45-70 and a S&W 500 back- to -back. The 500 had a much sharper recoil. The 45-70, while not pleasant, was much more of a hard shove compared to the slap of the 500.