Monday, November 22, 2010

A Modest Haul...

I didn't go as crazy this year for National Ammo Day as I have in years past:

300!

200 rounds of 7.62X39mm and 100 rounds of .45 ACP. G-d's own pistol caliber and some food for the newly refurbished AK-47 clone seen last Friday. Most of this will wind up getting shot this coming weekend, with friend, commenter, and all-around mensch brad_in_ma taking in some much-needed recoil therapy. Prices are still awfully high - this steel-cased ammo was $5/box of 20 for the 7.62X39mm (which I remember not all that long ago being able to get for ~ $100/1,000 rounds) and $15/box of 50 for the .45 ACP (used to be $24/100 rounds for brass-cased Winchester White Box).

But at least it's in stock - they even had .380 ACP! - which is more than you could say for two years ago...

That is all.

3 comments:

Brad_in_IL said...

Jay,
Thanks for the 'mensch' shout-out. And speaking of great need for recoil therapy . . . I found out late yesterday I have to attend the funeral today for an old and dear friend (Mark K) no more than three years my senior. There's nothing good about this kind of loss, only that Mark didn't leave any kids without a father. While not a lot, it is something -- at least that's what I'm telling myself.

More on Sat . . . .

- Brad

Anonymous said...

I had a decent Ammo Day/Week haul.
1100 rnds of 5.56
1000 rnds of .32
500 rnds of 7.62.39

Skip said...

Wally's in my area has the shelves full of everything.
Wassup?
Has everyone stocked up?
I'm reloading stuff Wally is beating me with.
Are we asleep, or did we catch up?