Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Present To Celebrate!

Tomorrow I will be bringing home a new toy of the "Make Baby Vulcan Smile" variety to celebrate last night's victory. Actually, this has been planned for a couple weeks now, and it just happens that I'll be picking it up tomorrow after work (coincidentally, just in time for Friday's Gun Pr0n, natch!). The local fun store (one of them, actually, not even the one closest to me!) is open late on Thursdays, and I'll be meeting the former owner there for the transfer (he's moved out of MA).

Here are your hints:
  • This isn't a gun that has shown up on any of my "want lists".
  • It's a famous design
  • It fits, sorta, with another acquisition this year
  • It's in G-d's Own (Pistol) Caliber
That should be enough hints - what am I getting?*

That is all.

*Denizens of the Gunblogger Conspiracy IRC, and you know who you are, don't spoil the fun...

13 comments:

Roger said...

Start from the bottom. If it's Gods own pistol caliber, it must be .45 acp.
If it's a famous design, it's gonna be a 1911 or Smith & Wesson M25.
How'my doin?

RollsCanardly said...

S&W model 1917, or S&W model 25?

Ross said...

Camp Carbine in .45ACP?

WV: sterize. What should be done to MA voters so they won't breed more MA sheeep. I mean voters.

Clint said...

Does Kahr make a MA complaint Tommy gun?

Jay G said...

Damn. I made it too easy... Awfully close so far, so no more hints...

Butch Cassidy said...

Colt 1917

Stretch said...

Clearly a .45acp as God and St. John of Ogden ordained.
Famous design?
You've a 1911 so that narrows it to either a S&W 25/625 or a 1917 (either maker).
Of course you could surprise us with a Ruger single action convertible with cylinders in .45LC and .45acp thus getting double .45 goodness.

Anonymous said...

I was gonna say camp carbine as well

Weer'd Beard said...

Raven Arms, .25!

BTW did you give the former owner my best?

Hunter said...

I'm with Stretch, mostly. I was thinking .45, yes, but in Long Colt. So maybe the Ruger or even a Frontier Colt.
Hunter
Alaska

Roger said...

Ahhhh forgive me.
I forgot about the wonderful goodness of a .45 LC.
If it is not the "one", it should be.

LOL

Keystone said...

A S&W 25 would fit with the calibre, and matching your 27...I'm gonna have to go with a commander size 1911, though.

I'd cheat and look it up, but I don't think I was actually logging GBC for that part of the day :(

Geodkyt said...

Webley MkVI rechambered for .45ACP?