Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What Caliber for Culture?

Heh. PISSED sent me the following head-scratcher:

Road Rage: Yogurt vs. Handgun

Virginia State Police are investigating a case of road rage involving two drivers -- one armed with a gun and one with armed with a carton of yogurt.

A Toyota Rav4 cut off a Lexus on Interstate 95 in Quantico Friday afternoon, said police spokesman Sgt. F.L. Tyler. After that, the driver of the Lexus started to tailgate the Toyota, and the Toyota driver responded by tapping on his brakes.

At some point, the driver of the Lexus pulled up and threw a container of yogurt at the Toyota. That’s when the driver of the Toyota displayed a small caliber handgun.

Man, there's just weapons-grade stupid all around in this story, isn't there? It's got all the classic "road rage" markings - someone cutting someone off, that person escalating, things being thrown, and a weapon being displayed. It's good that both idiots were arrested; interestingly enough since this happened in America the person that actually threw something is facing the more serious charge (as it should be). Brandishing a firearm is a bloody stupid move - there's simply no reason for flashing a pistol as a means of intimidating another driver. None.

Now, following the Lexus until they parked, waiting for them to go into the store and then leaving bologna slices all over their car would be perfectly acceptable...

That is all.

7 comments:

JP556 said...

How lame, there are much better ways of getting back at someone who pissed you off on the road than throwing yogurt.

Once I had a stupid lady pull out in front of my causing me to slam on my brakes and lose my piping hot coffee all over my legs.

I wont say anything about how shortly after she ended up running her big SUV into a ditch on the side of the road.

Jay G said...

Heh. I mentioned one of mine before...

Teke said...

Well I had my face palm stupid incident last week. I had a guy driving a new BMW fly up on my rear end 2 or 3 times swerver around me almost hitting me and the car to my rt that I was passing. I got over passed him at the light. Got stuch behind another car going under the speed limit. we to pass him as the BMW tried to accelerate to 70 on a 45mph street. He locked up his brakes and swerved back and forth behind me and the car beside me which I had decided to pace rather than pass. That car turned I got over figuring I had ruined his day enough and knowing he was HOT. He cae 2 inches from my door jumped over in front of me got ahead and made a real slow turn at the next corner trying to stop hard for me to rear-end him. At some point during this I realized it was going south really fast and opened the pocket on my bag where my sidearm was and made it easily accessible.

Looking back I realized how bad it had gotten and I had helped take it there. I was waiting for him to block the road and get out of his car they way he was behaving.

Next time I should follow my own advice (Repeated from others). Just let it go. It isn't worth it.

Jay G said...

The key point is you recognized that. I've had instances when I was carrying where I've planned to run red lights rather than face a potential road rage situation while I was armed.

It is incumbent upon the law-abiding citizen who goes about armed to avoid such incidents like a case of the clap... ;)

Wade said...

The really bizarre thing about Virginia law is that the yogurt throwing is a felony and the gun brandishing is a misdemeanor.

Paul, Dammit! said...

I had forgotten about baloney-ing a car. Did that a few times to the neighborhood wife-beater when I was a kid. Takes the paint up quite uniformly if you allow enough time for it to dry. The neighborhood wife-beater had a polka dotted Blazer when I was a kid.

mariner said...

Wade,

Do you believe BRANDISHING a firearm should be a FELONY?