Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another Article

More shameless self-promotion:

I review the Marlin Golden 39A at Guns, Holster, and Gear.

This review was both incredibly easy and at the same time surprisingly difficult. I am an unabashed fan of the lever action rifle in general; the 39A is one of my most favorite firearms of any type. There's an obvious bias to reviewing firearms one owns - obviously there's a positive disposition to something you've spent your hard-earned ducats on, so the tendency is to be overly critical. With the 39A, though, it was hard not to fawn too much - the gun's just that good.

Stay tuned for the next review, where I'll be appraising a firearm not in the G. armory...

That is all.

Special thanks to friend and commenter SCI-FI for assisting in the videography that accompanies the article, as well as his good-natured wife B. for letting him come play in the snow with me...

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Now if you'd REALLY been good, you'd have started it swinging with one round, and stopped it dead with the next one :-) Nice review :-)

ihelpfixhearts said...

This is one of the guns that I picked up from my Grandfather after he passed away. It is an excellent gun!