Friday, December 31, 2010

Friday Gun Pr0n #196

As I've done in year's past, the last Friday of the year is the "Year in Review". Usually I just dig up the previously posted pictures, but this year, since there were so few new additions to the G. armory, I took a group photo:

Guns of 2010

That's the year's haul: Ruger 10/22 in .22LR, a Smith & Wesson Model 27 in .357 Magnum, and a Smith & Wesson SW1911 in .45 ACP. Now, granted, if you're only going to pick up a handful of guns in a year, you'd be hard-pressed to come up with three more iconic firearms. A semi-automatic rimfire rifle with more aftermarket options than a Chevy 350; a large frame Smith & Wesson revolver; and one of the most venerated platforms in the gunnie world.

2011 looks more promising, as already I've got not one but two possibilities in the works - stay tuned for more gun pron!

That is all.

7 comments:

Butch Cassidy said...

Lucky, some of my haul got hung up in transfers, so I'll have to wait a week to even hold a couple of them...

Certainly nothing as classy as yours, either.

JP said...

Nice lookin' guns. I've never seen a 10/22 with a folding stock before. I bet you really scare some folks with that one.

Tam said...

What vintage is the 27?

Jay G said...

Butch,

I got lucky, really. The 10/22 I'd been meaning to add for a while, and this one came up for sale locally (town cop, AAMOF). The S&W 27 I totally fell into (another cop, BTW), and the 1911 was helping a friend out.

JP,

Thanks. It's an aftermarket Butler Creek, a kind gift from reader Tim in Seattle. Thanks again Tim!

Tam,

It's a 27-2, serial number N13XXX. Dunno what that translates into, but I'm guessing somewhat early.

Ross said...

Congratulations! I too bought a 1911 this past year, only mine said "Colt" on it. ;)

Tam said...

Jay,

Your 27-2 was manufactured in 1973.

Jay G said...

Thank you Tam!

What's really interesting is that the 10/22 was also manufactured in 1973...