Friday, January 14, 2011

Infused with the Spirit of JMB (PBUH)

Okay. I have *got* to stop staying up late at night, chatting on GBC, and discussing the many fine works of John Moses Browning (Peace Be Upon Him). Last night I had a dream that I actually remembered, a first for me in a long time. For some reason unknown only to my subconscious, I was being "hunted" by a group of generic bad guys. It started out in a location vaguely reminiscent of the backyard/workshop that belonged to the family of a friend of mine from grammar school (it was a really old, really creepy shed), and wound its way through a dream-generic city culminating in me back in my house. I was tearing apart the armory looking for the one gun I knew could take out the bad guys.

My Browning Hi-Power.

Now, how the Hi-Power made its way into my dream I have no idea. I haven't shot it in a while, so it's not like I've had recent experience with it. It's not a target model, so it's not like it's insane accurate (or that I'm all that great with it). I've got the Sig P226 which is higher capacity and has laser sights for double-stack 9mm goodness; I've got several 1911s which offer fewer rounds but .45 ACP vs. 9mm. Heck, for that matter I've got a perfectly serviceable Bushmaster AR carbine with multiple loaded 20 and 30 round magazines. Why on earth I was searching for the Hi-Power amongst all the other small arms I possess is a complete mystery.

Maybe it's my subconscious telling me I need to take the old girl out to the range again sometime soon. I haven't shot her in a while, opting for the Sig, and perhaps I'm feeling guilty about letting a classic like the Hi-Power sit in the safe. Maybe I'm all Sig'd out - with the tour of Sig Academy and recent article on Sigs, maybe I've had them on the brain too much, and my mind shifted to the other 9mm in the armory. Maybe with the 100th anniversary of the 1911 I've focused too much on that JMB design and I should focus on others? I really have no idea why the Hi-Power should figure so prominently in my dream battle.

Then again, it could also have something to do with eating habaƱero salsa too close to bedtime...

That is all.

4 comments:

Steve in TN said...

I'd say it was the habaƱero.

Brad_in_IL said...

Jay,
Let me caution you . . . . stay FAR AWAY from the dried figs. I had me a bunch the other day and things were rather, ahem, colorful for a while. Let's just say that even The Great and Powerful Og had some serious competition.

- Brad

Sigboy said...

"Maybe I'm all Sig'd out - with the tour of Sig Academy and recent article on Sigs, maybe I've had them on the brain too much, and my mind shifted to the other 9mm in the armory."

Sacrilege! You take that post back this instant! Heathen!

Sendarius said...

It's not YOUR sub-conscious.

It's the evil mind-control rays from the gun itself reaching out to turn you into ... hang on, you're not a lefty.

OK. It doesn't work that way on you - never mind.