Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday Knife Pr0n...

Commenter Stretch was kind enough to send in this week's knife pic:


I'll let him tell you what they are:
Top three are samples from "east of Suez."
Leather sheath holds my old lineman's knife and scissors from when I installed phones and computers.
Next is a Scottish dirk. Useful when people make fun of me "wearing a skirt."
Crossed Kukris: bottom one is from Cold Steel. top one was a gift from a friend who had served at the US Embassy, Kathmandu.
An array of K-bar style knives, skene dhus, Swiss Army knife and tool as well as a Finnish puukko knife. Puukko knifes are excellent for filleting fish and Russians.
Bottom is a fiberglass "letter opener."
Very nice Stretch!

That is all.

2 comments:

Mad Saint Jack said...

Nice.

Looks like a Culloden in the mix. I have a weakness for discontinued Cold Steel. And Kukris.

Stretch said...

Damn good eye there St. Jack!
The far right skene dhue is, in deed, a Culloden. Cold Steel makes fine knives. Pity I can only afford factory seconds. That particular knife has sent many a haggis to a glorious end.
I've noticed most police officers never question the length of a dirk or even a broad sword as long as you're in a kilt. We Scots are special that way.