Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Gun Pr0n #205

Today's gun pr0n belongs to commenter TheAxe:

South-of-the-border 1911

Here, let's let TheAxe tell us about her:
Hey Jay thought you might want to know, I got my first 1911 last night :D It's a Sistema Colt made in 1953 and the finish is pretty worn but it was affordable and I look forward to making it my own. It shoots nicely though I'm not used to it so clearly I need more practice. hm and excuse to go shooting and a weekend coming up... :)
Your first 1911! Congrats, TheAxe! I know I showcased Dennis' first 1911 a while back; I'm all too happy to put up just as many 1911 pictures as I possible can this year, given that it's the 100th anniversary of the 1911 and all... The Sistema Colts were manufactured in Argentina from the late 1920s through the '50s using Colt tools and machining, so they're faithful to the original 1911 (JMB be praised!). Most if not all parts for the 1911 will fit the Sistema, although care should be taken if swapping integral parts (pretty much a standard caveat, even between models from the same manufacturer).

Great pick-up, TheAxe!

That is all.

1 comment:

TheAxe said...

Thanks! I'm still pretty bad with hitting the target but it's definitely grown on me. I'll bring it up to the first MA bloggershoot I can make it to.