Monday, March 7, 2011

SigSauer .22LR Conversion Kit PReview

Thanks to the good folks at SigSauer, this showed up on my doorstep last Friday:

Rimfire goodness in a box!

As evidenced by the packaging, it's a SigSauer .22LR conversion kit for the P226, which I just happen to have. Installation was excruciatingly simple - even with the extra step of removing the takedown lever first - and now the P226 looks like this:

Something's not quite right...

It's really weird seeing it without the laser sights, but I'll survive. I took it to the range this past weekend, and will be providing a thorough range report next week for Guns, Holsters, and Gear. The five second condensed version is that I am very pleased with the fit and function of the conversion kit, firing well over 100 rounds without a single failure to feed or eject. Accuracy was, well, better than I am.

Read the full report - it's going to be a good one!

That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice.
I just picked up a CMMG .22lr conversion for my AR, along with a 50rnd drum mag. Gave them a pretty good workout yesterday. Must say that 3 cents a round gives ya more >BANG!< for yer buck then 33 cents a round, literally.

NotClauswitz said...

I got one of those for the 220, it rocks pretty good but I don't like the nylon (?) guide rod so much, and
I understand the plastic mag and the way the .22lr's sit in there kinda wobbly because of the rim, but it too is a bit irksome.