Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Gun Pr0n #209

Today we've got an extra special Friday gun pic - or should I say pics? You'll remember last week's gun, MBtGE's suppressed Ruger 10/22. I commented that a suppressed Mk II would be the perfect companion, knowing that MBtGE had this:

Shhhh...

I'll let him tell you about it:

This one is named: Quiet Mark

I bought this Ruger Mark III with an integral suppressor years ago. It is so quiet it still freaks me out. It took about 4 months for the paperwork to get processed. When I finally got it in hand I was so excited. And in short order I was disappointed by how often it jammed. Feed jams, stove pipes, double feeds it was a nightmare. Well not a nightmare, but a pisser.

After whining about it to TBolt and anyone else that would listen I took everyone's advice and completely disassembled the thing, clean, examine, and played chase the springs. I believe what eventually fixed it was a very thorough polish of the feed ramp. Now it never fails.

--Zombies Beware. Quiet Mark wants to whisper to you...


And then Wally sent me this:

Shhhh^2

This one Wally built himself:

Attached is my Stainless Gov't target Mk2 with integral suppressor. This was my first supresssor build, 100% DIY, and I am delighted with it. It is a dream to shoot!
I've shot this one, and Wally's 100% dead-on with his description. Not only is this MkII a joy to shoot, but it's extremely quiet. It's a great tool for teaching new shooters - the heavy barrel soaks up what little recoil the mighty .22LR has to offer, and it doesn't have the *crack* with the long suppressed barrel.

Gotta love quiet guns...

That is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want that!

JB Miller said...

Perfect piece for the Pending Zombie Apocalypse!