Friday, April 15, 2011

So, What Did I Get?

I alluded earlier to my BAG Day purchase not being in yet. I placed an order for it about three or four weeks ago, but unfortunately the demand is so great they're currently backordered well into next month. Not wanting to get caught empty-handed on BAG Day, I felt I should at least buy some food for my new purchase:

380 in stock!

What is this eventually going to feed, you might ask. Well, in a few more weeks, one of these:

S&W Bodyguard 380

Yep, I'm getting another pocket 380. I like my Kel-Tec P3AT, I really do. It's very small, very light, and packs 6+1 rounds of .380 ACP in a teeny tiny little package. I compared the two in my pocket rocket round-up at Guns, Holsters, and Gear a while back, and the Kel-Tec is 8.3 ounces to the BG's 11.8 ounces. Overall length is about the same, and some of the extra weight on the Smith can be attributed to the internal laser. The real selling point of the Smith, though IMHO are the sights - it has honest-to-goodness adjustable sights as well as the laser.

Someday I may actually even get to take it home - and there will be a range report, oh yes there will...

That is all.

7 comments:

Matt said...

It's a mouse gun that ROARS .

North said...

My wife has been looking at that gun. She has the Ruger LCP.

Irish said...

Nice Jay!! I must try that one out.


w.v. wante.. I wante to try out your new gun :)

Sdv1949 said...

I wind up with a BAG purchase by mis-adventure. I ordered a SIG P-238 on October 8th last fall. Guess what finally showed up at my FFL yesterday?

Praise the Lord!

Veeshir said...

I had to get a conversion kit for my Beretta CX-4 Storm, they stopped making mags for it.
I got the one that accepts PX-4 mags so I got one of those.

Now I have a rifle/carbine combo that takes the same mags.

JFT said...

I've had one on order for a few months now. Cabela's had them on sale so I went to fondle. They were sold out, and there were at least a dozen guys that put their name on the list in just the 20 minutes we were around the gun counter. And that was on the second to last day of a two week sale. I was told "maybe next week, maybe in 6 months, we just don't know and aren't going to pretend we do."

Wilson said...

Nice choice! I’m thinking of getting one myself if I ever get to handle it. Can’t wait for the review.