Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Gun Pr0n #220

It's back-to-back reader gun pr0n from the same reader! Jim, he of the awesome S&W 686, went out and got himself another addition, one about as far from a .357 Magnum revolver as possible:

EBR ZOMG!

From Jim:

I know I just sent in a picture of my new 686-6 Pro, and that you put it up on Friday Gun Pr0n (Thank you!), but another of my must haves became available and I had to get it. Now this one puts me at my yearly limit of 2 firearms per year (self imposed, because if I had no limit I would go all JayG...or broke...or both...). This is a Spikes Tactical ST-15 Mid Length LE Carbine (specs).

So now that I can't get any more firearms for the rest of the year, I guess that I'll just have to make due with accessories... Currently considering a Knights Armament KAC 300 Flip Rear Sight and a Lucid HD-7 Red Dot sight to start, although I am always willing to hear any recommendations (which is probably asking for trouble...lol).
*Sigh* Look at that lovely felony rifle. I need another AR, something with a flattop upper and a 20" barrel. Or maybe one in 9mm. Or .45 ACP. So many choices, so little money...

Anyways, any thoughts on optics for Jim?

That is all.

7 comments:

Angus McThag said...

You should get both a 6.8 and 6.5 upper and see if there's an explosion if you let them touch.

Anonymous said...

Aimpoint and be done with it.

NMM1AFan

Joe said...

Aimpoint in a LaRue mount.

Anonymous said...

Wait is that a Massachusetts model? That looks like an adjustable stock. I was told you can go to jail for that since it is not under the five rule of the AR or something like that.

Jay G said...

Thanks for the suggestions, folks, I'm sure Jim can make good use of them.

Anon, Jim lives in America. He's not bound by the Assault Weapons Ban as I am, living behind the red curtain in the volksrepublik...

Bob H said...

"Anyways, any thoughts on optics for Jim?"

LensCrafters works for me...

(sometimes the way our mind works frightens us)

Stretch said...

EoTech red dot.
Love mine.