Friday, June 24, 2011

Neat Trick!

Les has an alternate use for those extra rifle straps we all have laying around.

I know what he's saying about the Nikon strap being too short; I've got mine all the way out and it's just barely big enough. I'd imagine for someone taller - or who prefers/needs a wider range of motion - it would easily be too short. Not to mention getting the straps on it was an exercise in fine motor skills and self-censor... The quick-detach mechanism of the rifle strap means it's a lot easier to get the strap off if you want it out of the way for stills and the like, too.

Now, the next thing I need to do is to order up some rifle straps so I have extra - what's a good strap?

That is all.

3 comments:

Rabbit said...

CTD has HK/G3 leather straps in virtually unused to good condition for $5, last time I checked. I try to pick a couple up every chance I get, just because.

Ross said...

Garand sling - $14.76 shipped. Works great for steadying your rifle when you're shooting, too. http://www.appleseedstore.flyingcart.com/?p=detail&pid=10&cat_id=0

Anonymous said...

for my 10/22,I got a cheap short dog leash at big lots!