Thursday, June 2, 2011

No. Effing. Way.

Same man, different strategy, for Romney's second White House bid

(CNN) - It was all about the economy and about New Hampshire when Mitt Romney made it official Thursday. The former Massachusetts governor and 2008 Republican presidential candidate formally announced his second bid for the White House, declaring his candidacy at an event in New Hampshire, the state that holds the first primary in the presidential caucus and primary calendar.

The man who many consider the early front-runner in the race for the GOP presidential nomination sharply criticized President Barack Obama over the state of the economy, saying "Barack Obama has failed America."

Ugh. Romney's in. He's most likely going to get the nomination, too, seeing as how the rest of the GOP is too busy painting bullseyes on their tootsies right now to get serious. We're seeing 2012's Bob Dole, the GOP candidate getting the nod because it's "their turn". And Øbama will be re-elected, most likely by a wide margin.

I'll say this right now, for the record. If Mitt Romney gets the GOP nomination, I will vote for Barack Øbama as long as the GOP seems poised to keep the House. I'd rather have an adversarial relationship between the President and the House than not if Mitt Romney is the alternative. Mitt Romney never met a gun control scheme he didn't like, and if he started making noise about another Assault Weapon ban, a GOP-controlled Congress would go right over the cliff with him.

I'd much rather see that reflexive animosity due to differing political parties, thank you very much...

That is all.

19 comments:

Matt said...

I don't like Romney, but I will shoot myself before I ever vote for O-hole.

Mike W. said...

I abhor both of those contemptuous assholes, but I will NOT vote for Obama. I'd sit out before voting for either of them in.

Anonymous said...

I disagree... First, Romney can't make it through the primaries because of 2 things: 1) Romney-Care and 2) He's Mormon. I don't have an issue with his religion but many people in the Bible Belt do. And they're very conservative. And they vote. No, he won't make it through the primaries. Palin on the other hand can make it through the primaries as the nominee. But, I don't think she can win in the general election... Right now, the ONLY name-recognizable candidate that I can see worth voting for in the primaries and has a chance in the general election is Chris Christie....

Wally said...

If Mitt was on fire and I really really had to pee, I'd hold it.

Ancient Woodsman said...

The Scamman farm where he made his official yawn is about a mile down the road from my house. That family likes to pretend that they are conservatives, but that's because they really don't know what one is.

With that useless liberal RINO visiting from out of state, it was a great day to be out of town.

Eck! said...

Romney was so good for the state... glad his is gone.
Then again he was mostly gone while da-gov.

Votes will be cast for the lest worst alternative. Personally that sucks but may be the case.

Eck!

Bubblehead Les. said...

It's a LOOOONG time until the Primaries next year. American Political History is littered with the corpses of those who were "sure' to be the next President, so save your strength until 2012. But something tells me that if the Republican Base didn't want Romney to become President in '08, why should they change in '12?

Heath J said...

Great, another election of getting pilloried for "throwing my vote away" on the Libertarians.

Reputo said...

Well, I have a compromise for you Jay - if Romney gets the nod, then might I propose myself as a write in candidate for President. This could be a historical moment!

The first write in candidate elected.

The first 35 year old elected (minimum age for President for those who still read that Constitution thingy).

The first ... (give me a few minutes and I'll think of some other non-accomplishments of mine).

Old NFO said...

Yeesh... NO winners here, but I WILL not vote for the obamanation...

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

He won't get the nom. The Republican primary voters like to elect he most electable candidate. If he get's in, Obama will hit on Romneycare and some dude like Trump will run as an Independent and garner 5%. Ergo: not electable.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

And I'll never vote for Obama. But I'll leave the presidential space blank on the ballot if the choice is him and Romney.

ASM826 said...

I'm with you, Jay. I will not vote for Mitt Romney. Massachusetts health care and his stand on gun control, I need nothing else. If the Republicans run him, they deserve to lose.

Wraith said...

@ Anon: Chris Christie, while a GREAT fiscal Conservative, is weak on every other Conservative issue; 2A, Life, the Victory Mosque, Crap&Tax, and on and on. Plus, HE'S NOT F*CKING RUNNING. Deal.

If Gov. Palin runs, she will not only win the nomination, but she will crush Obummer like an empty beer can. There were those who said (for many of the same reasons) that Ronald Reagan couldn't win...how'd that work out for them?

jimbob86 said...

If Herman Cain does not win the nomination, I'll write him in in the General.

http://www.hermancain.com/

That "It's not his turn" establishment crowd can kiss my independent behind.

bogie said...

Will not vote for Romney - will sit out if I have to.

The GOP just doesn't get it - we want new people and new ideas, not the same old field from last time!

Rifleman762 said...

Romney is a neo-con, plain and simple. Say what he may, he's about big government and government control. IMO, Ron Paul is the only candidate with a proven track record of standing up to the rest of Congress, fighting for our liberties and economic stability/growth. He also came in third (behind Romney and Palin) in a recent poll, and has repeatedly won straw polls for this election.

Weer'd Beard said...

I've been happier living in Mass under Cadillac Deval. I'll vote for Zero no matter what the circumstances are if the only other alternative is Romney.

The difference is Evil and Dumb, vs. Evil and Smart.

BornLib said...

I don't see Romney getting the nomination either. If, and only if, he does, I'm voting third party.

I'm not voting for the lesser of two evils and I'm sure as hell not going to vote for the greater of two evils.