Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Our Very Own Weiner!

Interesting the route news takes. Stretch, who is not in Massachusetts, sent me this story about one of the state reps here:

Massachusetts state representative under investigation for 'inappropriate actions' with colleague's female staffer INSIDE house chamber
Mark James Cusack hadn't even been in office for six months when the Massachusetts state representative was placed under investigation for 'inappropriate contact' last month.

Mr Cusack, 26, is accused of an indecent act with a female staffer of a fellow lawmaker inside the state House chamber.
You know, if that was a 26 year old CEO getting hot 'n' heavy with his secretary, the usual suspects would be lined up outside the corporate office calling for his head. A politician with a subordinate? In MA? A Democrat? Oh, that's different. She worked for someone else. He wasn't married. They were clothed. A friend came in from out of town. My car got a flat. It wasn't my fault!

Now, we're all certain the media would have been this circumspect had it been a Republican rep, right? Right?

That is all.

5 comments:

The Big Guy said...

"No, I didn't. Honest...
I ran out of gas.
I... I had a flat tire.
I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"

Nope- politicians are no more believable than old John Landis movies.

TBG

Anonymous said...

I guess you didn't catch the news yesterday. I turns out that the alleged "inappropriate behavior" was that they were just having a beer and I guess doing so while passing through the house chamber after hours. Like most everyone else, it sounded to me that they were doing more. Sounds like a lot of press for a none issue.

Stretch said...

Do you even have Republicans that would be recognizable as such any where south of NYFC?

Jay G said...

Color me skeptical.

I can't shake the feeling that someone might have had a chat with the officers on scene...

Ancient Woodsman said...

And the Muzak on Beacon street goes "chicka-chicka-BWOW-bwow".

Right?