Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fourth Annual Northeast Bloggershoot Update...

Original post here.

I think we've got most of the specifics covered now (a first! nearly two months in advance!), so it's time for another update so folks can get planning. Onto the specifics!


Date: Sunday, August 7th seemed to be the date that worked best for the most people.

Time: Historically starting at 10:00 AM and going until we're kicked out (typically before 5 PM - and to the best of my knowledge Doubletrouble has never kicked anyone out; we generally have had so much shootie fun that we're ready to go home and nap...)

Location: Doubletrouble's sooper seekrit range, the location of which is highly classified.

Attendees:

Marko
Andrew
Brad_in_ma
libertyman
JD
Mopar & Cher
eric
Yankeefried
dr & Mrs mac
Wally
Bubblehead Les
TOTWTYTR
stickman
Zercool
Meataxe

Possible:
LWJ
Keystone

Miscellaneous: As with last year, this is a "pack-in, pack-out" shoot - if you want to bring a 1974 Lincoln Continental to shoot the hell out of, go right ahead. Just be prepared to drag the bullet-riddled carcass out with you. We can call the sub shop for lunch, but someone should step up to take care of the lunch order so Mrs. Doubletrouble doesn't have to deal with that again...

Also: I keep track of who is attending by the comments to these posts. If you are thinking of or planning to attend, please comment in this thread so that I can add your name to the list - don't rely on "I sent you an e-mail" or "I talked to you about this" - I've got enough going on that I can barely remember my own name sometimes... :D


Future updates will build on this list, so be sure to comment if you're coming!

That is all.

23 comments:

libertyman said...

Perfect date -- I am in!

Weer'd Beard said...

Faaak, I missed the first post. You KNOW I'm in, bub!

Dragon said...

Ummmm....you forgot to add me to the attendee list as well, Jay.

Will be there with bells....er, HOLSTERS on!

Brad_in_IL said...

Jay,

A logistical suggestion: NAMETAGS

You know the kind . . . the peel & press adhesive jobbies. Also helps to improve safety when you can call a person by name instead of "hey, asswipe!!".

My $0.02.

- Brad

Anonymous said...

Paper work submited

Stickman

ZerCool said...

I've put in my time-off requests as appropriate... we shall see.

Weer'd Beard said...

Brad, I'll be the loud guy with the beard, and Zercool will be the guy attached to the leg I'm humping.

Pleased to meet'cha!

Anonymous said...

"Hey asswipe!" has always worked in the past.......
We'll be there!
Like I said in last post, because of the distance we'll be making a weekend of it. We'd be up for an informal blog dinner/blog beer the night before if anyone is interested.

Bubblehead Les. said...

I'm in, but will be arriving early, so I'm up for what Mopar suggested.

Brad_in_IL said...

@Mopar . . .

From now on you Delta name is (burp) ASSWIPE. [/Bluto Blutarsky]

JD said...

Count me in, along with my oldest Aisling. . .

Eric said...

August 7th sounds good. Look forward to meeting you.

Eric

Weer'd Beard said...

hanging out with Mopar and Les?

Twist my arm! : ]

Anonymous said...

Count me in!

Keystone said...

Crap, I'm going to have to go from "possible" to "not in." Family event that day down in PA, I can't drive fast enough to hit both :(

Next time, Gadget!

Anonymous said...

Sigh...can't make it that day. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks good for me.

THOTpolice

David said...

Ooooh! Count me as a definite maybe - I may be able to descend upon the lower portion of the state from my Northern NH polar cave for this one!

Anonymous said...

David: Northern, NH? Can ya swing by LL Cote on the way down and pick me up one of everything please?

Eck! said...

This could be fun.. Maybe time to try.


Eck!

dr mac said...

Thanks Jay, will mark the calendar.

the band-aid bandit said...

I would love to attend. I'll even volunteer to handle getting the lunch order taken care of. One issue is that since I am new to the shooting world, and have not yet gotten the elusive LTC from the local PD, I don't have any toys of my own, and am unable to go and buy ammunition legally. If I might be able to use some toys, and someone might be able to pick up a few boxes of ammunition for me to use, I would be more than happy to buy a few boxes of that person's preferred ammunition/buy lunch.

Old NFO said...

I'm in... :-)