Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Gun Pr0n #223

Well, with the number of today's gun pic, it *had* to be something in .223 Rem. I figured I could toss up another picture of my Bushie, or maybe a Ruger Mini-14, when I came across a picture I took at the 2011 NRA convention:

HK 223

Yep, Gen-yoo-wine HKs, a G36K and an SL8-6. Heckler & Koch might think you suck and hate you, but these rifles sure don't suck. Funniest thing? The SL8-6 is 100% MA compliant. Yep. It's not evil enough to be banned in Massachusetts...

Happy 223rd Gun Pr0n!

That is all.

6 comments:

Alexander Korchagin said...

Well, sl-8 isn't a worst choise, but it has some weak parts.
http://www.sminnick.com/gun/sl8crack.html - like this.
Not really rare problem.
So, my voice is for ruger. :)

Bubblehead Les. said...

But, but it can't be Legal in Mass! I mean, it's Black! And a Rifle! And has a Magazine!

Brad_in_IL said...

Jay,
While the SL8 might be MA-compliant, I have to ask . . . is the price compliant with your bear-trap wallet?

Les, you forgot semi-auto, and chambered in something with more punch than .22 shorts.

- Brad

D2k said...

The G36 seems like a nice light sporter rifle, but if I were in the military I would want something that doesn't melt the front trunnion and lose its zero after two mag dumps.
Also, considering how they are made they should really be selling those for about $600 and dominating the low cost sporter market.

Gnarly Sheen said...

I know SL-8s are crap, and always have been. But I'm still dying to get one. I've done a good job buying quality guns over the years, it's high-time I bought something bad.

Anonymous said...

Are they just .223 or can they handle 5.56?