Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Gun Pr0n #226

With today's number, there was never any doubt as to what today's picture would be...

SIG SAUER P229 ... err 226

That's my one and only Sig, a P226 from sometime back when Ronald Reagan was running the country, gas was under $1 a gallon, and a new car cost $9,000 on average. It's got a SIG SAUER .22LR conversion slide and barrel installed, and the original 9mm slide and barrel are shown under it. It's sporting a Crimson Trace Grip Sight laser courtesy of Crimson Trace and Iain Harrison (thanks guys! I'll have a review shortly!) and the 9mm slide has a LaserLyte RSL courtesy of LaserLyte.

A 226 for #226 - I am nothing if not enamored of numerical parity...

That is all.

5 comments:

Lissa said...

Awww, you are Borepatch have a matching set!

Borepatch said...

Joined at the hip. Sigs and Black Hat!

sobriant74 said...

My daily carry is a 229 and a I frequently lust after the latest 226 with the red wood grips....maybe that will be my BAG purchase this year...
SIG; when it absolutely, positively has to go bang every time.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm picking a nit but Reagan was done in 1989, and SIG didn't switch to stainless slides 'till IIRC 1996.

Jay G said...

The slide is brand new. It's for the .22LR conversion.

Look at the 9mm slide, OTOH... ;)