Monday, August 22, 2011

How To Waste a Few Hours...

Get wrapped up in this:

Greatest Film Mis-Quotes

Some of them are rather pedantic, with a single word substitution or change in placement; others really show how the collective consciousness can alter something pretty substantially from what it was to what we think it was... For example:
The startling revelation of fatherhood by Darth Vader (David Prowse, voice of James Earl Jones) to young Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) in Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) was not: "Luke, I am your father", but: "No. I am your father."
Now, with a young son who went through a serious Star Wars period (he was just the right age when the last of the new trilogy came out), I've seen Empire Strikes Back enough times to know the correct quote (and, being the inveterate sci-fi geek I am, I know Vader's next line is "Search your feelings, you know it to be true"...) But how many times have we heard it as "Luke, I am your father"?

And they've got sound clips of the correct quotes, too!

That is all.

2 comments:

Tango said...

Never, not even once... did Captain Kirk say "Beam me up, Scotty." in that exact order as we've seen on countless bumper stickers, etc.

DaddyBear said...

Stay on target!