Thursday, September 22, 2011

Life Imitates (Really Crappy '80s) "Art"...

Of all of the movies out of the 1980s to emulate, they chose this turkey?

2 accused of grim, real-life 'Weekend at Bernie's'


DENVER—Two men are accused of driving around Denver with a dead friend, running up a bar tab on his account and using his ATM card at a strip club in what appeared to be a disturbing reflection of the movie "Weekend at Bernie's."

Robert Young, 43, and Mark Rubinson, 25, have been charged with abusing a corpse, identity theft and criminal impersonation.
You've gotta see these two geniuses:


(picture from linked article)


With friends like them, who needs enemas, right? I mean, my first thought upon finding one of my friends dead in his home would naturally be, "Hey, I think I'll drag his corpse around and have a good time on his dime"... I mean, don't alert the authorities. Don't call his family. Think only of your immediate gratification - hey, you can get gas and a burrito (but I repeat myself) and a lapdance on his ATM card! Who cares if you're violating his corpse and possibly hindering cause-of-death investigation, right?


We are surrounded by morons with poor taste in movies to emulate...


That is all.

8 comments:

North said...

The pictures were the living guys, right? Right?

Weer'd Beard said...

Looking at the mugshots the sage words of Dr. Rockso come to mind:

"I Do COCCAAIIIIINNNE!! AGiGiGiGiGiGiGi YEAHHHH!!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaQHKQbXal0

Dave H said...

Reminds me of the Far Side cartoon of a fly trapped in a Venus flytrap, peering out with a look of dread on his face. His buddy on the outside is saying, "I don't mean to sound insensitive, but can I have your stereo?"

Just FYI, under "doing the right thing" I would stop with "alert the authorities." Let THEM notify the family. It's part of their job and they'll be better able to answer the inevitable questions.

Bubblehead Les. said...

".....poor taste in movies to emulate..?" So when did Obama watch "Reds?"

Stretch said...

When they find my body I expect my friends to:
1) Scrub the hard drive AND the back-up.
2) Burn the contents of that box. Ya, that one in the back of the closet.
3) Leave some liqueur for my grieving widow.
4) Find some way to blame my death on Democrats.

Guffaw in AZ said...

Didn't Errol Flynn's drinking buddies
take him to Tijuana for a week, after his death? (W.C. Fields, Douglas Fairbanks, etc.?)
This is nothing new.

Salamander said...

I'm telling You, You'd love it in Colorado JayG!

Paul, Dammit! said...

Yay meth!


Seriously, Weer'd, I'd say they look more like the guys from Dr. Rockso's band... the best goof on Van Halen, ever.