Friday, September 16, 2011

Lotta Ground to Cover...

Ambulance Driver posts the standings at the halfway mark.

Second place so far, and thank you to everyone that's donated on my behalf. Divemedic's breathing down my neck, and he's going to get his employer to match his donations, so I've got a long way to go if I want to stay in the top three (which, you remember, will result in my wearing an actual skirt). Y'all don't want to see AD in a dress. Trust me. I have better legs.

So, here's the deal. Despite the very real danger of my grandfather rising from the grave to beat me about the head and shoulders, I'm going to get a kilt. I'll even go so far as to wear it in Boston and have my picture taken at various landmarks in and around the city. My goal is to have a new picture for every day the rest of September of me, wearing a kilt, either out and about around town or cruising the streets of Beantown itself.

Jay G. In a kilt. In Boston. What could possibly go wrong?

Remember: Donations can be made at www.pcf.org/kilted7 or my Kilted to Kick Cancer Team Page.

Thank you all again for your very generous support. I'm floored to be in second place, I really am, and I can't thank you all enough for donating. It's about raising money for a good cause (and beating Ambulance Driver...), and I'm happy to be a part of it (especially if I can beat Ambulance Driver...) :)

And starting next week: Jay G. in a kilt!

That is all.

4 comments:

Ross said...

If you need moral support, Jay, I'll put on MY kilt and go with you.

And I have it on good authority (my wife) that I have the legs for it.

Your move.

Anonymous said...

nonshoarPictures!!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a leg holster to go under that kilt?

Ross said...

All I'll say is that there's nothing worn under my kilt. It's all in perfect working condition.