Monday, December 12, 2011

Dear Gunnie Santa...

I've been a good (he ain't gonna buy that) reasonable facsimile of good boy this year. I've brought new shooters to the range; I've made Baby Vulcan smile with new purchases; I even brought my son to the range for his very first time. With that in mind, I've got a few things on my list for Christmas:

Longarms:

20" bull barrel AR (York Arms lower, please)
9mm carbine - either a Kel-Tec SUB2000 that takes Sig P226 magazines or an AR that takes Uzi magazines
.45 ACP carbine - While I'd love a KRISS, I'd also be very happy with an AR that takes grease gun magazines
Kel-Tec KSG
Saiga-12 with AK conversion
Remington 870

Pistols:

SIG SAUER P290 (MA compliant)
Ruger SR1911
S&W Model 22A
Remington R1 (Hey, it's still 2011, the 100th anniversary of the 1911!)
Colt Mustang (It's not listed on the Colt website? I saw it at the NRA convention!)

Accessories:

AMMO!
Dragon Leatherworks Wyvern for the Bodyguard 380
AMMO!
TSA-compliant rifle case
AMMO!
TSA-compliant 4-pistol case
AMMO!

It's a small list this year; I've been very fortunate in 2011 in being able to review several fine firearms and have several more lined up. 2012 is shaping up to be equally rewarding, with SHOT Show looking likely and other possibilities coming up. Range time is increasingly devoted to testing out new guns, which means more shooting (good) but more ammo needed (see list), so if you could maybe drop me a bulk ammo retailer who will brave MA laws, that'd be great. And if you could talk to any of the linked manufacturers about providing review items, that'd also be great..

What's on your gunnie Christmas list?

That is all.

12 comments:

bluesun said...

You know, since I got my new rifle, I've been surprisingly content. So just ammo, I guess.

ExurbanKevin said...

You're headed out to SHOT? The peeps from Great Satan Inc and myself are, too.

Any plans for a gunblogger get-together?

Jay G said...

bluesun,

I've noticed somewhat of a slowing as I fill in more of the holes in the armory...

And yeah. The only time you have too much ammo is if you have to move it...

Kevin,

Unless I get blanked on a flight/hotel, I'm going. I've got my media credentials and the time off from work...

I'd be up for a get-together at some point. I'm there with my family, though, so getting out after the show isn't quite as easy...

Bubblehead Les. said...

Check out that J.R. Carbine. 3 different calibers, and it'll take either Glock or 1911 mags (depending on caliber, of course). And since J.B Miller proved that one can take 250+ yard hits with a Pistol Caliber Carbine (Beretta Storm in .40 S+W), I'd get the Carbine fixed with a good Red Dot and 3x or 5x Magnifier, with a quick release lever. T-Bolt just tried to order one, and if it wasn't for the jerks at the Gun Store, it'd be on the way.

As for me, well, I got to shoot Kead's M+P with the Apex Trigger, and that is NICE! But I'd be happy with the Cash to get a couple of Poly Framed Kahrs for the Wife and I in 9mm. "Cash" being the operative word, since I'm driving on my Christmas present every time I pull onto my new driveway...... : (

Mopar said...

ONE OF EVERYTHING! Oh and ammo too!
Seriously, there are lots of "wants" but very few "needs".
A few of the more realistic ones are a Thompson Encore, a leftie boltie rifle chambered in .OMGrecoil, and yet another 10/22 for a project I have in mind.

Even though I have a gunnie wife I'm not really expecting a gun this year for Christmas, so I trated myself to at least a gun-related gift. Couldn't find anyone in the country with a certain stock I wanted, so I'm having the manufacturer make me one special. It's currently supposed to be ready to ship on December 21, so merry Christmas to me!

Butch Cassidy said...

I just bought myself a 1911 carbine, and my wife iving me an FN 1910, I am fairly content.

- Spare magazines for everything.

- Ammo.

- I need three more bayonets.

- 1907 slings for everything that isn't Swiss or made by BSA.

- More reloading dies and components.

- A Dillon 550B.

- New stock for the 2A.

- New barrel for the 1887.

- Holsters for a few pistols.

- A real-deal Lewis gun in 30-06.

- This is me being content?

Dave H said...

I know the one thing every gun owner needs: a place to put them all.

I'd settle for another Stack-On cabinet to fill.

Stretch said...

There's a Hi-Power calling my name. The only 9mm that'll find a home in my safe.
A Savage bull-barrel in either/both .308 and .17. Allows for hunting 4 and 2 legged varmints.
A .22lr DA revolver. Maybe the new Ruger SP101. NOT a zit covered S&W.
Other than that I'd settle for lots of parts for existing arms. Springs, pins, mags and the like.
And ammo.

Anonymous said...

+1 on the 22A. Happy my new one so far . . . about 200 rounds through it.

Very pleased to find it likes CCI Standard Velocity.

Pakkinpoppa said...

A .22lr revolver. About 20 more bricks of .22lr, and a couple crates of Yugo 7.62x39 surplus.

Other than that, I'd like duplicates of a few things I already have. After all, one is none, two is one.

At the moment, being a single dad, it's not easy finding time to practice with what I have, much less attempt to learn a whole new system.

Maybe a second safe too...

DaveFla said...

I got perhaps the most bittersweet gifts of all back in August: a pair of Smiths from the estate of a friend. I think they'll need a few rounds put through and a good cleaning, come the holiday break.

Lupis42 said...

Gunnie santa is bringing me an LMT MWS 308 and an ACOG to put on top of it, so I'd feel presumptuous asking for much, besides match grade .308. Lots of it. And an end to the MA AWB so I can buy some PMAGs.