Sunday, January 22, 2012

Disturbance at the Waffle House...

Both Bob and reader Kevin sent me this delightful little vignette:

Customer shoots robbery suspect at SC Waffle Shop
(AP) SPARTANBURG, SC — Authorities say a customer at a South Carolina Waffle shop pulled a gun and shot one of two men trying to rob the restaurant.

The Greenville News reports (http://grnol.co/AkoQDk ) that the shooting took place early Saturday morning inside a Waffle Shop off Interstate 85 in Spartanburg County.
Don't mess with a dude and his waffles. He might just shoot you over them... As Bob points out in his post, this is the same Sheriff that encouraged his residents to get their concealed carry permits and carry guns in response to rising crime rates. What a refreshing statement, a stark contrast to "we discourage self-help" on display here in Massachusetts and other nanny states. Rather than call 911 and die, this Sheriff would rather see folks pull 1911s and live.

I like the way he thinks a lot better than Martha Coakley...

Dead Goblin Count: 244

That is all.

11 comments:

Dave H said...

Rather than call 911 and die, this Sheriff would rather see folks pull 1911s and live.

That's because at the Waffle Shop they don't take no **** off of nobody, and they don't take American Express.

wv: sheep. Not here!

Anonymous said...

"Spartanburg County Coroner Charles Clevenger identified the dead man as Dante Lamont Williams of Roebuck, who turned 19 years old on Saturday."

Happy Birthday Dante.

TinCan Assassin said...

"Do not mess with me before I've had my coffee," the customer is reported as saying. /putting words in people's mouth

Tommy said...

a local radio station calls Spartanburg "The happy little town that likes to kill people" This time it's for a good reason.
:-D

Bob said...

Down in SC the sheriffs tend to ask "Did he need killin', son?" If he needed killin', they let you off.

Thanks for the linkage, Jay.

Larry said...

Can't I just finish my waffles?

Brandon said...

I don't have a local Waffle House to be able to confirm, but I've been led to believe that some/most/all Waffle Houses are posted to prohibit carrying weapons in or on the premises, possibly even in jurisdictions where such signage holds no legal weight.

DaddyBear said...

You don't go to Waffle House for the waffles. You go for the hash browns.

And now, I'll go to show my appreciation.

Old NFO said...

I keep telling you, you need to move to America! :-)

Robert said...

Wonder if this is the same guy that'd been hitting the Waffle Houses down in Atlanta? It's only a couple hours drive down I-85.

Anonymous said...

I can only speak for our local WH. No gun bans.

Hell you'd be crazy to try rob one here as half the folks are carrying.

Nice shot Bullie Jean, you didn't even spill any coffee from the pot.

Hell she didn't even drop the ash off of her smoke, Bubba. Now where's my pecan waffles Sugar?

Gerry